PDO Threads & Thread Lifting
The PDO Thread Lift is a type of procedure which fills in the gap between non-invasive facial rejuvenation and face-lift surgery
PDO threads are the perfect solution for skin tightening and rejuvenation. Treatment is carried out using a local anaesthesia, in a sterile clinic situation with no hospitalisation required.
Threads are made of polydioxanone (PDO), an extremely safe material used regularly in heart surgery. It does not produce allergic reactions or rejection and has no side effects. The threads naturally dissolve over 6-8months into carbon dioxide and water.
While there are many different kinds of thread lifts, such as Silhouette Soft, the PDO thread lift is among the most popular today. The threads are made in South Korea, and this treatment is one of the most commonly performed skin lifting procedures nowadays.
There are many types of PDO threads. In general, all PDO threads can be classified into smooth and barbed (COG) threads. PDO smooth thread therapy is a technique that stimulates collagen production while providing an immediately visible lift to facial areas affected by lines and wrinkles. Barbed (COG) threads reintroduce natural facial contours while improving blood circulation, brightening skin and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, PDO threads come in different thickness and length. These all affect their quality, tensile strength, effectiveness, and of course, the cost of treatment. Our cosmetic practitioner may choose to use different threads for you, depending on your skin lifting and rejuventation needs.
Which areas can be treated with PDO Threads?
The PDO thread lift is very versatile, allowing practically all areas of the face and body to be treated
- Forehead line smoothening
- Eyebrow lift
- Undereye area tightening
- Naso jugal folds smoothening
- Crow’s feet (wrinkles around eyes) softening
- Cheeks lifting
- Nasolabial folds smoothening
- Wrinkles above the upper lip reducing
- Marionette folds smoothening and reducing
- Jaw line V-shaping
- Double chin reducing and tightening
- Reducing neck lines
Smooth PDO Threads
€ From 200*Review* Included in Full Price
10 Threads - €200 20 Threads - €400 40 Threads - €800
Barbed PDO Threads (COG)
€ From 500*Review* Included in Full Price*Exact quote can be provided at the consultation appointment
*Consultation appointment is necessary
**Purebeau Ireland offers a review appointment which is *Included in Full Price. This treatment must be availed within 2 weeks of your first initial treatment, otherwise full cost will apply.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
WHEN BOOKING YOUR TREATMENT - SOME IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS:
- Must be over the age of 18
- You must not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- We will be using a topical anaesthetic during the treatment to minimise any discomfort. You must give your approval for these creams/lotions which contain may contain lidocaine, tetracaine, benzocaine, or prilocaine to be used before and during your procedure
- Ensure that you understand the procedure and what to expect
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment.
- You must be able to attend your re-touch treatment, 4-8 weeks after initial treatment
You must follow the appropriate aftercare
Most people are able to continue with normal activities with immediate improvement in their appearance. Some will have a little redness, pin prick marks, and some degree of swelling, possibly indentations at the insertion or exit points and a little tenderness. The immediate side effects are expected to settle within 2-4 weeks.
It is generally advised to:
- Try to sleep on your back for 5 nights
- Make-up should not be worn for 12 hours
- No facials or facial massage for 10 days
- To attend a review appointment
- Avoid alcohol, vigorous exercise, sun bathing, and extremes of heat or cold for 14 days post treatment. These activities have been found to increase and prolong swelling
- Swelling may worsen in the first 24 hours, and then will settle. Cold packs can be helpful in reducing swelling
- Bruising may take a few days to appear, arnica can be helpful in clearing bruising. It is advisable to avoid aspirin and alcohol for 12-48 hours after treatment
- Tenderness will settle as swelling goes down