WHAT IS MICRO-NEEDLING?
The basic concept of micro-needling is based on the skin’s natural ability to repair itself. Following injury to the skin, the body re-uses damaged collagen and elastin fibres to produce new structures. Micro-needling gives way to controlled induction to the skin’s self-repair mode, by creating micro-injuries that instigate new collagen synthesis but does not pose a risk of permanent scarring.
This response increases the natural production of collagen and the regeneration of new skin cells. This natural action takes place in the dermis and can take 4-6 weeks before the effects are visible on the surface.
WHERE CAN MICRO - NEEDLING TREATMENTS BE USED ?
MICRO – NEEDLING TARGETS:
- Fine lines
- Acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Sun damage
MICRO – NEEDLING TARGETS:
- Erases fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulates the skin to regenerate itself naturally
- Leaves your skin smoother, healthier and younger looking
- Encourages production of collagen and elastin
- Improves acne scars and hyperpigmentation
- Improves skin texture, Tightens skin
€ 120FULL PRICE
COURSE OF 6 TREATMENTS
€ 600FULL PRICE
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
WHEN BOOKING YOUR TREATMENT - SOME IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS:
- Must be over the age of 18
- We will be using a topical anaesthetic during the treatment to minimise any discomfort. You must give your approval for these creams/lotions which contain may contain lidocaine, tetracaine, benzocaine, or prilocaine to be used before and during your procedure.
- You must not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Avoid Accutane (treatment for acne) for the past 6 months
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil for 3 days prior to treatment. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation
- Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures, unprotected sun exposure or sunburn for 2 weeksprior
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis to area being treated 5-7 days prior
- No shaving the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation. If there is dense hair present in the treatment area, closely shave the area the day before you arrive to your appointment. Moles, warts or actinic (solar) keratosis cannot be treated.
- If you ever had episodes of Herpes Simplex (cold sores), it is recommended to undergo a complete antiviral course treatment before undergoing any micro-needling treatments.
- Bruising is a common risk – avoid blood thinning agents (aspirin, fish oil, Omega-3, Vitamin E) for 1 week prior. May resume day after treatment.