WHAT ARE DERMAL FILLERS?
Dermal Fillers are a non-surgical treatment to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers involve the injection of a natural substance – hyaluronic acid, which is already contained within the body, in order to add volume to the treated area.
Dermal Fillers are an increasingly popular option for people who wish to reduce signs of ageing, without having to resort to expensive, complicated plastic surgery. They are used to treat many areas, they can fill in deep lines, creases and wrinkles. They can also add volume to thin or wrinkled lips.
As we age, the collagen that gives our skin durability and flexibility declines which results in the appearance of lines and wrinkles and the loss of fullness and volume. Dermal fillers are an extremely popular and successful method of treating these concerns and deliver a fresher, more youthful appearance. By replacing volume in some parts of the face, we can achieve a more youthful look.
BENEFITS of DERMAL FILLERS
- Reduces the appearance of laughter and smile lines (nasolabial folds)
- Adds volume to thin or wrinkled lips
- Tightens loose skin
- Fills in deep lines, creases and wrinkles
- Replaces lost facial volume to boost skin
- Plumps cheeks, giving the appearance of a more youthful face
- Contours areas of the face such as the jawline
- Improves imperfections, blemishes and scars
WHERE CAN DERMAL FILLERS BE USED ?
Naso – labial Folds
Commonly known as the smile or laughter lines, these are the two skin folds that run from each side of the nose to the corners of the mouth. If you are bothered by your naso – labial folds and wonder what to do to improve the area then filler is perfect to fill out these folds, and partnered with cheek filler the face will appear much younger looking.
A perfect alternative to a surgical chin implant, is a non-surgical chin augmentation which is achieved with dermal fillers. Fillers will help define your jaw line and although only a temporary solution it is a great way to see what can be achieved surgically if you are unsure.
Other commonly treated areas with dermal fillers include nose reshaping for those who do not want to undergo surgery, and also just under the eyebrows to give an eyebrow lift or to fill out any hollows there.
One of the most popular reasons for dermal filler use is lip enhancement. Dermal fillers can be used to outline the border of the lips to enhance the definition of lips or in the body of the lips to enhance lip size and pout.
As you age you lose an amount of subcutaneous fat which can result in a loss of volume and elasticity to the face. This in turn highlights hollow cheek bones, and the presence of excess skin resulting in sunken cheeks. This can cause someone to appear gaunt and tired-looking. Dermal fillers can be injected into this area to plump out the face with natural volume and a gentle lift.
These are the lines under your eyes that make your eyes look tired. A loss of volume in the area, a loss of tissue elasticity or a mild reduction in bone density could all be causes of concern. By using an advanced technique, dermal fillers can be placed in either tear trough itself, slightly lower in the cheek area, or indeed a combination of both to achieve brighter, more rejuvenated eyes.
Dermal fillers are also available for men
Dermal fillers act to replace underlying supportive tissue that reduces with age. Our mission is to keep you looking refreshed and still masculine, so we always prefer a conservative and subtle approach specifically tailored to your needs. Fillers are used to enhance facial contours (e.g. chins and jawlines), improves under eye bags, restore static wrinkles caused by ageing, sun damage, smoking or genetics.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
WHEN BOOKING YOUR TREATMENT - SOME IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS:
- Must be over 18
- You must not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- We will be using a topical anaesthetic during the treatment to minimise any discomfort. You must give your approval for these creams/lotions which contain may contain lidocaine, tetracaine, benzocaine, or prilocaine to be used before and during your procedure.
- Ensure that you understand the procedure and what to expect
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment.
- To minimize the chance of bleeding or bruising at the injection site, please avoid all blood-thinning medications and supplements for one week prior to your appointment. This includes over-the-counter medication such as aspirin and ibuprofen
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A) retinols, retinoids, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, or any “anti-aging” products for two days before and after treatment
- If you ever had episodes of Herpes Simplex (cold sores), particularly if treating around the lip area, it is recommended to undergo a complete antiviral course treatment before undergoing any dermal filler treatment.